For most Americans there is a HUGE, FLUORESCENT (Insert your color of choice, here) ELEPHANT standing (or sitting) in the middle of most every conversation being had with our: friends, family, and co-workers these days. This Elephant represents PERSONAL FINANCE in America and NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT IT.
Talking about personal finance is almost completely taboo in our culture. People would, generally, rather talk about: religion, politics or, even, dying (!?!)- INSTEAD of talking about personal finance.
Try it out at the next Board Luncheon or Saturday Morning Soccer Game…
Now, don’t be fooled, we do LOVE to talk about other people’s money, just not our own.
Did you see “So and So’s” new SUV?”
When did the “So and So’s” get their second dock?
Those golf clubs “So and So” used at the Classic were incredible….
Why is this???
Could it be:
- 41.2% of Americans are carrying consumer credit card debt? (Survey of Consumer Finances by Federal Reserve, 2013)
- Student loan debt ($1.5 trillion) is the second highest debt category behind the home mortgage. Average Class of 2017 borrower owes $28,650. (Institute for College Success and Access, 2019)
- 58% of Americans have less than $1000 in savings. ( GoBankingRates Saving Survey, 2017.
- The average monthly car payment is $554 (Experian, 2019). (This is more than ½ the average American mortgage payment!?!?)
- What if we could change this silly game of PERSONAL FINANCE TABOO?
Maybe we need to…
- have some “uncomfortable conversations” to get in control of our finances to prep us for the future.
- take an up close and personal look at the truth of our financial reality to make some goals and plans to achieve them.
- define a true vision for our life and to focus on it daily.
- prepare for our legacy impact on this world based upon how we used our money as a tool in our lives.
- If any of this moves something in you deep, deep down… I want to connect with you.
Let’s work to make our ELEPHANTS of PERSONAL FINANCE something everyone in this amazing country can talk about AND make informed decisions about.
- You can go to GoalMindedLifestyle.com and sign up for a free printable NETWORTH TRACKER. Because let’s face it, if you don’t know where you are FINANCIALLY Every. Single. Day- your dreams are just going to stay dreams floating around in your head.
- Follow me on: Facebook, LinkedIn, or Pinterest for easy, step-by-step to-do lists and inspiration to get and stay on your life’s trajectory.
- Send me a message. I would LOVE to hear about you and your AMAZING LIFE story.